Electrical Engineering Manager - Senior Electrical Engineer / Electrical Engineering Manager / Super
- job id:
- Anchorage, Alaska
- position type:
- education required:
- years experience required:
- pay rate:
- Salary: 115k to 130 $/yr
This Sr. Electrical Engineer (Supervisor role) is responsible for engineering services that are required to improve and maintain the Association’s electrical distribution system.
Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Will be supervising the District Engineer, Senior Design Engineer, and Design Engineer I, and other Techs. Makes recommendations related to hiring, terminations, etc.
- Ensures design schedule is met and provides status updates to the Director of Engineering. Develops technical specifications and project design basis.
- Manages and administers a wide variety of engineering services. Prepares, leads, or assists in design and planning document activities, LRP activities, studies, and Integrated Resource Plan (IRP), Power Supply studies, etc. Prepares special studies and reports on both the status of current design and construction projects and actual cost evaluations. Activities may include load flow, short circuit and protective coordination studies, economic evaluations for the Associations assets, or oversight of contractors or consultants to the Association on similar activities. Coordinates with Operations and Planning staff for the same.Reviews designs of others and assists with oversight of construction projects or field staking, including those in the Construction Work Plan (CWP), resultant Long Range Plan (LRP) improvements, overhead and underground distribution extensions and system improvements, transmission line and substation improvements, reconstruction and new line extensions.
- Will be the Project Manager for all assigned tasks. Prepares all associated electrical calculations and studies, works with electrical one-line diagrams, details physical layouts, selects and specifies materials along with their estimated quantities and costs, recommends equipment and construction specifications, and makes physical general arrangements.
- Helps the Senior Design Engineer on technical matters and with the contracting process on design and construction projects.
- Performs complex electrical computations to determine the size, type, and number of pieces of equipment needed for projects such as transformers, circuit breakers, reclosers, sectionalizers, fusing, disconnects, and lightning arresters.
- Examines and makes recommendations for operation and maintenance practices and activities, including dispatch, protective relaying, switching, communication and/or SCADA or other communication systems, whether design or operational revisions or improvements.
- Recommends proper technical procedures based on industry standards.
- Reviews and maintains transmission and distribution construction standards. Conducts office and field meetings with members, including residential customers, commercial developers, builders, independent power producers, and government or agency officials and prepares related written communication.
- Helps in resolving construction issues and tariff issues related to transmission and distribution system repairs, improvements, and planning and makes appropriate recommendations
- Provides oversight, analysis, and/or studies of annual requisitions for major plant items, including substations, transmission, and distribution assets, or discrete items like poles, transformers, conductors, and cable.
- Prepares special analysis for construction or design improvements as assigned.Helps the Division Director in preparing design analysis and construction standards and related training for the Association.
Requirements for the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Must have at least 5 years of experience as a Seasoned proven Supervisor/Mgr
- Must have a B.Sc Electrical Engineering
- Must have 10 years of Electrical Utility exp
- Must have experience with Substation,Transmission,Distribution
- Must have a P.E. license
Benefits for the Electrical Engineering Manager
- Competitive Salary + Bonus+ Exceptional Benefits + Lucrative Pension (Company funded) + 401K + Excellent Medical + 11 Paid Holidays + 22-30 Paid Time Off + Other Benefits