Controls Engineer - Siemens Step 7 / Equipment Planning / PLC / Controls
- job id:
- Greer, South Carolina
- position type:
- education required:
- years experience required:
- pay rate:
- Contract: 43.1 to 52.67 $/hr
A leading automotive manufacturer located in Greer, SC is looking for an Equipment and Controls Planning Engineer. This is a long term contract. APPLY NOW!
- Provides project planning, installation, start-up and acceptance, as well as engineering support of new installations and optimization measures of the conveyor and equipment technology in Assembly.
- Evaluates concept evaluations with technical and financial focus for new facility and process equipment.
- Provides Project oriented planning and realization of measures in collaboration with the internal customer as well as external suppliers.
- Finds the optimum solutions in regard to costs, quality, ergonomics, technical innovation and environment.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding structural capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Provides cost estimation (Invest, Budget), technical specification and request for quotes.
- Evaluates, coordinates and compiles bidder circle, call for bids, offers evaluation, recommendation for the award of contract, acceptance of the equipment from the suppliers and handing over to the operator as delegated.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred)
- 3+ years controls engineering experience in manufacturing (automotive preferred).
- PLC Siemens experience. Siemens step 7 PLC programming dialogue, distribution safety.
- 3+ years of Project Management experience in several equipment and/or controls planning projects as well as structural modification.
- Manufacturing experience with conveyors, and automation.
- Comprehensive benefit package