Cad Operator - AutoCad / Low Voltage / Fire Alarm Systems
- job id:
- Richmond, Virginia
- position type:
- education required:
- years experience required:
- pay rate:
- Contract: 15 to 21.5 $/hr
A leading security systems company is currently seeking a CAD Operator in the Richmond VA Area. The CAD Operator will be responsible for using xrefs to do the electrical design for fire alarm systems over building designs. Candidates need to have experience doing electrical design with low voltage systems, fire alarm is desired but not required. This is a contract position with the possibility of permanent placement after 6 months.
- Create construction system submittal drawings for Electronic systems contracting.
- Prepare electrical systems drawing including: Floor plan layouts, riser diagrams, electrical interconnection drawing and termination drawings.
- Project assignments from project engineers and operations managers
- prepare documentation, such as data sheets and battery calculations
- maintain project drawing files and associated records
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (2014 or higher) and Xref
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical, dental and vision
- 401k option
- AD&D and Life insurance options