Technician - Test Protocols / Prototype Builds / Developing Fixtures
- job id:
- North Haven, Connecticut
- position type:
- education required:
- years experience required:
- pay rate:
- Contract: 15 to 19 $/hr
The world's largest standalone medical technology development company is currently seeking a Test Technician in the North Haven, CT area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position, with the possibility of extension. No per diem available.
- Provide input to engineers to assist in the development of test protocols and prototype builds. Capable of developing fixtures, test equipment and test methods to meet engineering requirements.
- Perform mechanical and electrical testing to evaluate new and existing products. Generate and analyze test data, and report results per departmental procedures.
- Prepare and operate various lab equipment such as Instron mechanical testers, diameter gauges, visual inspection, autoclaves, etc. May serve as an extended team member for engineering team meetings.
- Associates Degree or Technical Certificate and 1 year relevant experience; or a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Previous medical device experience a plus.
- Experience with lab equipment. Mechanical and Mathematical aptitude. Experience with Data Acquisition in a lab setting. Knowledge of engineering practices, product safety and root cause analysis.
- Computer programming – Labview or other languages. Knowledge of Minitab, ProE or an equivalent design tool is preferred. Proficient in MS Word, Excel.